1. TAKE A HIKE on a local trail. Hiking is a great way to talk freely without having to be stuck across a table from someone, worrying about having food in your teeth. Just be sure to pick a hike that's not too strenuous. No one wants to be drenched in sweat on a first date.
2. Visit a FARMERS MARKET and sample locally sourced fruits and veggies. If the date is going well, pick up ingredients for a simple dinner that you can make and enjoy together.
3. SEARCH THE INTERNET. Do a search for "Best Date Spots" in your town. You'll find endless resources and even guest reviews for the best local spots.
5. Lace up your skates and hit an ICE OR ROLLER RINK. Who knows, you might get the opportunity to hold onto your date just to stay upright!
6. Cheer for a LOCAL SPORTS TEAM. You don't need to spring for expensive seats, instead get tickets for college basketball, minor league baseball, or even roller derby. You'll get to see a good game while also getting to know your date in a more casual setting.
7. Become art critics. Most every city has an ART GALLERY or two open in the evenings. Take a stroll and open up about what you like and dislike about the artwork. Finish up with dessert at a nearby restaurant.
8. Map out a route to your city's FOOD TRUCKS. You'll have plenty of options to pick from, start with appetizers in one location, dinner at another and dessert at the last. Make it an adventure checking out your city while eating delicious food without breaking the bank.
9. Explore new heights when you take your date to an INDOOR ROCK CLIMBING WALL. It takes teamwork to get to the top, and trust to get down. Perfect elements for a budding partnership.