Do you think you're compensation is less than others around you despite being more experienced and higher skilled? Instead of just complaining about it, take action.
- Start by writing down your accomplishments and all that you have achieved for your employer. Know that you deserve compensation for your hard work.
- Then, research the average salary for comparable jobs in your market.
- Lastly, practice your pitch with a friend or family member, or mentor.
- Set an appointment, state your case and ask your employer for exactly what you want, whether that's more money, a promotion or better benefits.
If you get turned down, don't be discouraged. Find out what you can do in the near future to succeed in achieving your goal. When you do reach it, you will be attaining real empowerment.
Despite the independence we’ve achieved in other areas of our lives, some women still don’t feel empowered to demand pleasure for themselves in the bedroom. Are your needs not getting met? Just like with your job, it’s time to stop complaining about it to your girlfriends and take action. Believe it or not, we can follow similar steps to getting what we want in the bedroom as we did when asking for a raise at work!
- First, know that you deserve it. Every woman deserves intense pleasure; you’re no exception. Allow yourself to truly believe that, and it will be easier to ask for what you want.
- Next, write down your wants and needs. It could be the problem is that you're not even sure what you're looking for from your partner.
- Make a “sex talk” appointment. We know, setting time on your calendar is downright unromantic. But setting an appointment will show yourself and your partner that a satisfying sex life is a priority.
- When you talk to your partner, be specific. Your partner is not a mind reader.
We know that asking for what you want can be frightening. But taking action is the first step to empowering yourself, so be confident in yourself and your desired sex life.
Bonus: The Sova Empower Yourself Playlist!
There's nothing like a strong woman celebrating girl power to inspire you to take action. Here are just a few of our favorite empowerment songs.
"Run the World" – Beyoncé. The chorus says it all. "Who run the world? Girls!"
"Just a Girl" – No Doubt. Gwen’s sarcastic play on words leaves no doubt that women are strong enough to take care of themselves.
"Confident" – Demi Lovato. Demi lets it all go, proving that there's nothing wrong with being confident.