Surveys have shown that more than 75% of women aged 20-59 have masturbated in their lifetime. And nearly half of all women claimed to have used a vibrator. These women understand that there's no shame in experiencing physical pleasure. Lucky for us, masturbation is not only fun, it also has many other benefits. Here are just a few added bonuses you may not already know.
5 Benefits You May Not Know about Female Masturbation
- De-Stress and Relieve Your Tension – One of the best benefits of self-pleasure is that it takes you away from the stressful demands of your daily life. Focusing on yourself for a few minutes will do wonders to wash your tensions away. You can better conquer your life's demands with a relaxed mind and body.
- Brighten Your Mood – Masturbation releases dopamine, also known as the "feel-good" hormone. The release of this hormone creates euphoric feelings and has been shown to improve moods.
- Love You as You Are – Nurturing yourself by eating healthy foods, exercising and exploring your own self-satisfaction are great steps towards becoming more comfortable with your own body. When you learn to love yourself, you have more confidence to take control of your life and create successful outcomes.
- Practice, Practice, Practice! – Masturbation improves your ability to achieve an orgasm (or two!) when you're with your partner.
- Speaking of Your Partner…Just because you're "going solo" doesn't mean you can't share your pleasure with your partner. Your partner can learn what you like and dislike by witnessing it firsthand (so to speak). This shared time in turn can improve your relationship with your partner in and out of the bedroom.
What's your favorite benefit of self-satisfaction? Do you find that it reduces your menstrual cramps, provides you with a more relaxed outlook, or helps you sleep?